Modern Warfare 2 crushed Harry Potter, Susan Boyle, James Bond, and Lady Gaga in the United Kingdom. Having shattered most of the game industry’s records upon its release last year, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 also emerged as the overall UK entertainment champ of 2009.
It was estimated that the game sold 2,926,637 units in the few weeks it enjoyed in the 2009 market before the close of the year. It’s nearest competitor was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which sold 2,193,700 copies on DVD in the same year. Rounding out the top 3 was another game, FIFA 10. The total list is below:
1. COD: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision) – 2,926,637 game
2. Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince (Warner) – 2,193,700 video
3. FIFA 10 (EA) – 2,155,697 game
4. Quantum of Solace (Fox) – 2,040,229 video
5. Twilight (E1 Ent) – 1,815,543 video
6. Susan Boyle: I Dreamed A Dream (Sony) – 1,714,369 music
7. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) – 1,488,797 game
8. Lady GaGa: The Fame (Universal) – 1,458,289 music
9. Slumdog Millionaire (Fox) – 1,383,838 video
10. Transformers Revenge Fallen (Paramount) – 1,362,020 video
By continuing past this page, you by your continued use of this site, agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement. © 2013 DualShockers.
All content, including editorials, comments, and any other written works on DualShockers, are licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution.