News, PC, PS3, Xbox 360
Max Payne 3 Info Dump and Screenshots Inbound
It’s been ten years since the first Max Payne game came out, and eight since the sequel. That’s a pretty long time, and a lot has changed since then, both in terms of game technology and in the Max Payne universe. You see, the third game actually takes place eight years after the last one. Max is no longer a cop, is addicted to painkillers and to complete the circle of fun is an alcoholic as well. With nothing for him in New York, Max has moved to Brazil and is working as Private Security. Max Payne 3 will feature;
- The game uses Natural Motion’s Euphoria engine, so the “Shoot-dodge” moves and bullet time will no longer be canned animations, instead Max will realistically interact with things in his way, as will enemies.
- There will be special Bullet Time set pieces where truly awesome things will take place
- Bullet-Cam returns rewarding players actions with a spectacular final kill
- The graphic novel panels return, and will utilize in-game assets to create something similar to a motion comic
- James McCaffrey returns to voice and model Max Payne, as well as some mocap
- A cover system
- Nearly everything in the environment is destructible
- Partners & Sidekicks play a large role in the game, and a great deal of mocap was done for these characters
A batch of screenshots have also been released, and are available for your viewing after the break. Max Payne 3 will be available on the XBox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC with a release date still pending.