Consoles, Main, News, PS3, Sony
Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update Detailed. All standard cars will get an interior view. Coming October 11
Kazunori Yamauchi gave some details today on his twitter account on what the Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 update will include.
Many of the new features included in the update are quite groundbreaking, and will definitely please many fans of the series. The interior view for all cars (even if simplified), the ability to save during races, especially endurance ones, the ability to rewind replays, improved AI… There’s something for everyone, even Nascar fans.
You can head past the cut for the full list.
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
- User control of the weather change feature.
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
- Spec 2.0 opening movie.
- Improved UI usability and response.
- Replay rewind and fast forward.
- Ability to save during a race
- Online Lounge Expansion (Ability to narrow down car types via search, shuffle races).
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.).
- Expanded Photo travel features. You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar.
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport.
- Improved physics and AI.
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.
Yamauchi also specified Polyphony’s plans for DLCs: they are preparing a racing car pack, a track pack and a racing gear (helmets and suits) pack.
Call me crazy, but I’m especially pleased about the addition of the Schulze Motorsport Nissan GT-R, on which Yamauchi achieved a great class victory at the Nurburgring 24h, as I reported
at the beginning of summer. It was an absolutely epic race, and it’ll be a pleasure to relive it, and to be able to save in the middle.
UPDATE: Sony just announced that the Spec 2.0 patch will come on October the 11th. They also shared a few screenshots that you can see in the gallery below: