The gaming network has released their yearly look at gaming popularity today. Raptr created this list by using actual gameplay data, not a series of polls, and includes such things as average individual playtime, average session length, and total playtime share.
Raptr CEO Dennis Fong states that
“2011 is turning out to be a boon for gamers, and our awards highlight how gamers are investing the most amount of their precious time playing every day. We want to congratulate all the people involved in creating the hit games that won in their respective categories.”
So who won? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim won most played game overall (surprising no one), but a full list of categories and winners can be seem after the cut.
- Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12 (EA Sports)
- Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social (EA Play)
- Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire (Rockstar)
- Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
Raptr’s full report includes not only a detail explanation of the methodology behind the report, but also so interesting pieces of information. For example, did you know that Skyrim had six times more total play time than the number two spot RPG, Dragon Age 2?