Yesterday En Masse opened the preorder campaign for the upcoming MMORPG TERA in the US and today Frogster followed suit, opening the floodgates for Europe.
As in the US, there will be a Standard Edition and a Collector’s Edition, and both are available both at retail and digitally. Most of the goodies are similar to their American cousins, but there are a few differences.
Both the retail standard and collector’s editions will include one invitation code for a friend, that will not be included in the digital download versions.
The retail collector’s edition will pack the following goodies:
- In-Game Items:
- Unique Regal Frostlion mount
- 2 special necklaces
- Additional Extras:
- Art book
- Map of TERA
- T-shirt (only retail CE)
- 20 trading cards (only retail CE)
- Wallpaper (only digital CE)
The digital collector’s edition will include the digital items listed above, the artbook, map and the soundtrack in digital version, but it will not include the cards and the T-shirt, making it up with an exclusive wallpaper and a slightly lower pricetag.
The standard edition cost €49.95, the digital collector’s edition costs €59.95, and the retail collector’s edition will take €69.95 out of your wallet.
There’s also a rather clever option for those that are on the fence: the digital pre-order mini. It costs only €4.95 and it gives players access to all the preorder goodies (listed below), including beta access and head start, but doesn’t include any game time at release.
Basically it works as a way to get in the beta and head start to try out the game and it’s price will count as a down payment for the full game.
Preordering will grant the following bonuses:
- A head start on other players – Access the game five days ahead of the actual launch on the 3rd of May 2012
- CBT & OBT access – Access to all closed & open beta tests of TERA in Europe
- Name reservation –You’ll be able to create a character and secure your favourite character name before things kick off.
- 7 days of additional game time over the 30 days included in the standard and collector’s edition.
Subscription fees have also been announced:
- 1 month – €12.99
- 3 months – €35.97 (3 x €11.99)
- 6 months – €65.94 (6 x 10.99)
- 12 months – €119.88 (12 x €9.99)
Finally, a schedule for beta and launch has been made available:
- Closed Beta 1 from 17.02.2012 to 19.02.2012
- Closed Beta 2 from 02.03.2012 to 04.03.2012
- Closed Beta 3 from 16.03.2012 to 18.03.2012
- Closed Beta 4 from 30.03.2012 to 01.04.2012
- Closed Beta 5 from 13.04.2012 to 15.04.2012
- Character wipe
- Open Beta from 19.04.2012 to 24.04.2012
- Character wipe
- Pre Character Creation (for those that preordered) from 26.04.2012 to 27.04.2012
- Head Start from 28.04.2012 to 02.05.2012
- Launch 03.05.2012
You can see the new and rather impressive trailer released today below: