The wait is over! City of Steam is heading to closed-beta and we’ve got beta keys to give away some lucky readers. What is City of Steam, you ask? City of Steam is a 3D browser-based, free to play, industrial age fantasy MMORPG set in a steampunk-like world.
City of Steam, according to developer, Mechanist Games:
Transports players to a world where clockworks, steam power, and arcane technologies suffuse every aspect of existence, from the half-organic, half-mechanical dwarves to the giant gears of the World Machine itself.
Key Features Of City Of Steam Include:
- Character and Weapon Customization – Weapon appearance changes when modded
- Branching Storylines – Choose the path your story will take
- Lightweight – No massive download or install required
- Full Featured – Content you’d expect from a AAA MMO, but all easily accessed from a browser
- Beautiful graphics and scenery
- 10 races, 4 classes, with more on the way
- Content for casual and hardcore gamers alike
- ALL IN YOUR BROWSER!
The beta will take place between November 16th and December 28th, and will be divided into 4 “seasons”:
Springtide (Nov. 16th to 20th)
Summercrest (Nov. 30th to Dec. 4th)
Autumnwane (Dec. 14th to 18th)
Winter Festival (Dec. 23 to 28th)
Still on the fence? Check out the trailer below. We’re pretty you’ll want to check it out after watching it.
The beta ends on Friday December 28th @ 12:01 am EDT. Winners will be chosen at random, make sure you enter the required information when entering!