Capcom is preparing an update to their fighting game Darkstalkers Resurrection. The update is scheduled to be released on April 12th, and it’ll bring with it a number of additions and changes. The most relevant addition may be the fight request feature, which will allow players to enjoy training or arcade mode while searching for a match with another player.
In addition to the new fight request feature, the update will also address a number of issues and bugs within the game, including issues in both Darkstalkers 3 and Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge. Find the full list of changes below. This list was taken from the official Japanese Darkstalkers Resurrection site and translated by Shoryuken.
- If your opponent’s ranking points are below a certain value, if you win the rank match the ranking point values will change.
- In the explanation test for the matchmaking option PING test, added Player Match and Tournament to the text.
- Fixed a bug where players would not communicate via voice chat during ranked match and quick match.
- Fixed a bug where voice chat would not function when accepting an invite during a match or replay.
- Fixed a bug where if a ranked match ended in a time over or double KO, you would be sent back to the main menu.
- If you have 10 friends or more, when sorting rankings by friend, the information after the first page will be displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug where during training mode, changing the dummy action settings in a certain order would cause the screen to freeze.
- Fixed a bug where uploaded YouTube videos would not have synced sound and picture (Xbox 360 only)
- Fixed a bug where certain awards would not correctly progress.
- Other bugs fixed.
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge Changes
- Fixed a bug when Bishamon’s Hane Yaiba is blocked, he can still perform Tsuji Hayate and Kaeshi Yaiba.
- Fixed a bug where during Aulbath’s (Rikuo’s) Water Jail on hit, Aqua Spread will connect.
- Fixed a bug when Anakaris’s Royal Judgment hits Phobos (Huitzil), at the moment the curse ends, if Anakaris and Phobos are close, the screen would freeze.
- Fixed a bug in player match where after choosing Pro Tournament or Marathon, after the first match, the game speed would be set to TURBO.
- Fixed text where Direct Scissors was listed to use 3 bars of the Special gauge.
- Fixed a bug where when rematching in a local match, the game speed would be set to TURBO.
Darkstalkers 3 Changes
Fixed a bug that caused the BGM and flashing buttons for Lilith’s Gloomy Puppet Show are out of sync.
Fixed a bug where when playing back a recorded Gloomy Puppet Show, the wrong notes would be played.
Fixed a bug where the Dark Force activation differed from the original version.
The online ID (gamertag) and Dark Force gauge no longer overlap.
Fixed a bug where when selecting Dark Gallon (Dark Talbain) and Auto-guard in training mode, Dark Gallon’s graphics would change.
Bishamon will now be usable as the first character for Shadow.