Seventeen years ago Satoshi Tajiri created a franchise that would become one of the most recognized and beloved in history. Throughout the years Pokémon has found its way onto clothing, video games, TV shows and morphed into a enjoyable social, strategic experience with expansive regions to discover and a multitude of Pokémon to catch.
Now, your knowledge of Pokémon is the perfect time to delve into Pokémon X and Y and fill it with all the info about the game you know; from tips, tricks, character bios, everything your heart desires. Why? Because it can win you some amazing prizes and you can become a key part of the Pokémon community.
You have until October 28th, 2013 11:59 PM Pacific Time, to use your Pokemon X and Y expert skills and dedicate some time and energy to the Pokémon X and Y wiki by either adding content or making corrections to new and existing wiki pages within. Provide in-depth details to short pages, create new pages to add more content, insert images and videos or turn key words into a wiki link.
You can make as many edits as you want, but only really helpful and legitimate edits will be counted. Wiki editors and moderators will be tracking all activity on those wikis.
Contributions to the wiki by an individual contributor will be measured using the following criteria:
- 30% Importance/Relevance – Does the contribution fulfill a request from the Contributor Challenge, or fulfill reader needs?
- 50% Depth – Is the contribution minor, or complete?
- 20% Quality – Does the contribution require heavy copy-editing or is it well-written and -formatted?
Any edits made to these particular wiki pages will be counted:
- Central Kalos Pokedex, Coastal Kalos Pokedex, Mountain Kalos Pokedex
- Alphabetical List of Pokemon
- Pokemon Ordered by Type
- Questions and Answers
- Cheats and Secrets
The overall top contributor (based on quality and quantity of edits) will receive the following:
- Limited Edition 3DS with a choice of either Pokémon X or Y game version
- Choice of X and Y, Pokémon X and Y skin, plus $40 Amamzon Gift Card
- Pokémon X and Y Skin, Reversible Pikachu Plush/Pokeball plus $20 Amazon Gift Card
To qualify for a prize, you must make at least 20 helpful, legitimate edits.
There will be five (5) winners in all. The overall #1 contributor will have first pick of the prizes. Distribution of prizes will continue to the remaining top contributors in ascending order until all prizes have been handed out.