News, PC, Platforms, PS3, PS4
Square Enix Details Upcoming “Beauty Salon” Feature for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
It’s no mystery that many MMORPG players are very fond of customizing their characters down to the smallest detail, and the ability to re-customize it after some time is a quite important feature to many. We already knew that a “beauty salon” is coming to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for patch 2.1 slated for December, but we didn’t yet know much about what it will entail.
Today Square Enix shared more details on what we can expect from the feature, via Community Manager Robert Peeler.
- Some of the hairstyles of other races will be available.
- More hairstyles and “interesting” looks will be added over time.
- Hairstyles similar to classic Final Fantasy characters are being considered, but there’s no ETA on their implementation and they won’t necessarily be implemented with patch 2.1.
- It’s impossible to implement hairstyles longer than what the game already has.
- Hairstyles to be unlocked as rewards for dungeons or FATE are being considered for the future, but not for implementation in 2.1.
- Freckles will be implemented for all races in 2.1.
- The ability to select highlights for hair, eyebrows and tails for miqo’tes is being considered, but not for 2.1.
- A crescent moon face paint option will come in 2.1.
- There will be more tattoo options.
- Long beard styles, hair length slider, additional size sliders for separate body parts, multiple face paint layers and multiple tattoos are unfortunately not being considered.
While not every single option everyone would like is going to be implemented, looks like fashionistas will have a lot to play with.