During the PS4 launch event Sony Computer Entertainment teased a new title for PS4 by Sony Santa Monica, and today we get a few more details thanks to two new career opportunity ads published by the company for a Senior Level Designer and a Senior technical Designer.
The new ads include the lines “Sony Santa Monica is looking for a Senior Technical Designer for an unannounced title,” and “Sony Santa Monica is looking for a Senior Level Designer for an unannounced title, ” but the one looking for a level designer is even more interesting, because it gives us an idea on how the game will be.
- open world level design.
- ambient gameplay and side missions.
- navigation/platforming challenges.
- building 3D environments.
- modeling and texturing.
- designing and implementing fun/challenging AI layouts.
- scripting entities.
- placing rough cameras, including animated and entity-triggered cameras.
- sound implementation.
- level warping and gameflow.
- cinematic placement and triggering.
The bolded elements definitely seem to point towards an open world game with triggered scripted events and cinematics, sidequests and “navigation/platforming” challenges, which reminds a lot of Assassin’s Creed IV and FarCry 3, with a bit of Grand Theft Auto V mixed in.
Of course we’ll have to wait for further details in order to know more about the game, but I can’t say my curiosity isn’t piqued.