Like every Monday the major Japanese retail and rental chain Tsutaya released its weekly sales charts, that are usually considered an interesting glimpse on what the Media Create charts will look like on Wednesday, since Tsutaya has a very large number of stores scattered across the whole country.
Here’s the full chart for the week between December the 23rd and December the 29th. New releases are bolded:
- Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster – PS3
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds -3DS
- Pazudora Z – 3DS
- Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster – PS Vita
- New Dinasty Warriors Gundam PS3
- Pokémon X – 3DS
- Pokémon Y – 3DS
- Super Mario 3D World – Wii U
- Drakengard 3 – PS3
- Final Fantasy X HD Remaster – PS Vita
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3DS
- New Dinasty Warriors Gundam – PS Vita
- Gran Turismo 6 – PS3
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation – PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V – PS3
- Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 3DS
- Winning Eleven 2014 – PS3
- Sentocho Densetsu No Shinobi to Survival Battle -3DS
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 3DS
- One Piece: Unlimited World R – 4DS
This week saw the duel between two glorious fantasy franchises, Final Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda. At least for what Tsutaya is concerned Square Enix’s classic series got the upper hand, not only placing the PS3 version of the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster at the top and beating A Link Between Worlds, but also grabbing 4th place with the PS Vita version and 10th with the PS Vita box that included only X.
There were no other new release this weeks, but we just got the demonstration of the fact that Japanese gamers do care for remakes, if they’re bringing back the right game.