Today’s a big day for Elder Scrolls Online fans, with the announcement of the Imperial Edition of the game, pre-order bonuses, and a brand new trailer, “The Arrival.”
First, the trailer: “The Arrival” which you can view below, is nearly ten minutes of grim and brutal action, and beautifully rendered. This trailer was made to get gamers amped for the Imerpial edition, which includes both a physical and digital version:
The Physical Imperial Edition
- Molag Bal Statue. A 12” statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement.
- The Improved Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel. A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius.
- Physical Map of Tamriel. A 21” x 26” printed map detailing Alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil.
- Steelbook™ Packaging. A limited edition steel case decorated in the color of the Imperials.
- Exclusive Collection of Digital Content.
- Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
- White Imperial Horse: Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with speed.
- Mudcrab Vanity Pet: Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet scuttling along by your side.
- Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.
The Physical Imperial Edition is extremely limited in quantity and available for pre-order now through participating retailers for $99.99.
The Digital Imperial Edition
Includes the base game and all digital content outlined for the Physical Imperial Edition above and retails for $79.99.
All those who pre-order or pre-purchase either the Imperial Edition or the Standard Edition in physical or digital formats will also receive The Explorer’s Pack bonus at launch, which includes: Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps, and the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance.
Early Access bonuses will also be offered to those pre-ordering or pre-purchasing a PC/Mac version. A five (5) day early access bonus will be offered to those who pre-purchase the Digital Imperial Edition or the Digital Standard Edition through The Elder Scrolls Online Store. Additional early access programs are also available through participating retailers.
The Elder Scrolls Online is being developed by ZeniMax Online Studios and published by Besthesda, set to release for PC and Mac on April 4th, 2014, followed by its release on PS4 and Xbox One in June 2014. On the PS4, the game will not need a PlayStation Plus membership to be played, only the same monthly subscription as players will pay on the PC and Mac.