Creative Assembly announced today on their Total War Twitter account that Grombrindal the White Dwarf, a Legendary Lord for the Dwarfs, will be free to all Total War: Warhammer players, including those on Linux, on January 19.
Grombrindal was originally released last year, but could only be obtained by those who either grabbed a code from the November issue of White Dwarf, or went to a Games Workshop store and asked for one. The developers gave the following description for the character, the quests he adds to the game, and his special traits and abilities:
Grombrindal: The White Dwarf
Grombrindal, The White Dwarf himself, is a hero from the time of legends. Rumours abound as to his true identity. Some say he is the living incarnation of Snorri Longbeard himself; others that he was betrothed to the goddess Valaya, protector and bestower of magical resistance. Either way, he is a powerful living symbol of hope and pride for the Dwarfs and, in times of dire need, he may appear in the flesh to help the Dawi through their tribulations.
Like all Legendary Lords, Grombrindal unlocks a series of unique quests as he levels up, each of which rewards him with his legendary wargear. Grombrindal has no less than four quest-chains, bestowing him with the Rune Helm of Zhufbar, the Armour of Glimril Scales, the Rune Cloak of Valaya, and the Rune Axe of Grimnir. Thus clad, he is a formidable force of the battlefield.
Traits and abilities
Grombrindal has a number of traits and abilities which make him a unique Legendary Lord.
- Grombrindal can assume the aspect and attendant benefits of one of the illustrious Dwarf deities, Grimnir, Valaya and Grungni, through his unique Living Ancestor dilemma
- The greatest campaign reinforcement range of any Lord
- Increased Underway evasion chance
- His unique battle ability, ‘Grimnir Has no Fear’, is an augment which bestows increased melee attack, melee defence, vigour and the Unbreakable trait.
- His unique battle ability ‘Flash Bomb’ temporarily blinds enemies and slows their advance.
You can see the Tweet below. Total War Warhammer is currently available on PC and Linux.
We can announce that Grombrindal will be free for everyone to download on 19 January 2017, including on Linux. The White Dwarf is coming… pic.twitter.com/zKwoJ6A2Ft
— Total War (@totalwar) January 11, 2017