Adult Swim Games has been putting out some very weird/unique, and mostly great games, since it announced itself as a game’s publisher. Today, that trend continues with Kingsway.
According to Adult Swim Games, Kingsway is an RPG in which you use a mock operating system to manage your adventure. Every element of the game is a part of the operating system. Enemies and traps are popups, backpacks are the file folders where you organize your items, and quests are emails. The world of Kingsway is randomly generated every time you play, and death is permanent. I told you it was unique.
Here’s a rundown of some of its features:
- Choose from various character types each with their own special skills.
- Discover a strange land of monsters, bandits, and other adventurers.
- Choose to be good or evil by choosing to help your fellow adventurers, defeating powerful monsters, or steal and murder your way to the top.
- Defeat enemies and plunder crypts and caves for treasure.
- Complete Quests for extra special treasure.
- Organize the interface to suit your play style.
Kingsway is a one man effort by Andrew Morrish, and is set to release on August 1, 2017 at undisclosed price. Below, you can check out the announcement trailer: