A while ago, blizzard announced that their action hack-n-slash game Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will be receiving new character DLC three years after the game’s release. Since Blizzard showed off the male version of the Necromancer character at Blizzcon 2016, we finally get to see the female Necromancer in action.
Modeled after the Priests of Rathma from Diablo II, the character retains their power of controlling creatures and preserving the delicate balance between life and death.
Furthermore, players will be able to directly control undead forces and fight against hordes of enemies. Additionally, they will be able to use new skills unique to the character including mastering mastering the dark arts.
The publisher details Necromancer’s skills:
- Grim Scythe: Swing a huge scythe in a wide arc, dealing damage and restoring Essence.
- Blood Nova: Unleash a powerful nova dealing massive damage to surrounding enemies.
- Devour: Consume corpses to instantly restore Essence to power your other skills.
- Golem: Summon a powerful ally like the mighty Blood Golem, which can drain the blood from your enemies, dealing damage and restoring your health.
- Blood Rush: Shed your mortal flesh and pass through solid objects to swiftly reach a new location.
- Leech: Curse enemies so that attacking them transfers their life energy to you and your allies.
The DLC will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. However, release date and pricing is still to be determined.
You can check out the new gameplay footage on top of some new screenshots below: