22cans, headed by Peter Molyneux, has revealed its next video game experiment and it wants your help to fund it via Kickstarter. The game has been dubbed ‘Project GODUS’, which 22cans claims “is a delightful reinvention of the god game”.
22cans is asking for $450,000 in order develop the game and has shared several of the game’s key details which you can read below:
- It’s a living world, unique and detailed. And it’s a world you influence, whether you’re good or evil.
- GODUS is instantly accessible, easy to learn but immensely deep.
- As you flourish and build your own cult, you’ll engage in pitched battles with other gods and their cults. It’s a multiplayer power-struggle the way it should be.
- GODUS draws on the cunning battle-psychology of Dungeon Keeper, the living, changing world of Black & White and the instinctive, satisfying gameplay of Populous.
- Plus you get to be a god. In fact, play well and you get to be the ultimate god!
- GODUS will be developed for the PC and Mobile devices, we hope to be able to add more platforms as our Kickstarter campaign progresses.
Visit the 22cans Kickstarter page to learn more about the game and watch the Project Godus video pitch.
Project GODUS, developed by 22cans, is expected to be released in September, 2013 (providing it achieves its funding goal).