In 2011 rugby fans rejoiced when AFL Live was released. Get ready to rejoice again, Tru Blu Entertainment announced yesterday via its Facebook page AFL Live 2 is currently in development.
What makes AFL Live 2 different? Career Mode. This mode allows fans to manage their players and their team all the way from the TAC Cup through the Peter Jackson VFL and into the Toyota AFL Premiership Season. It also allows control over training, where players gain experience and can have individual statistics improved to suit personal style of play. Sponsorships, staffing, tribunal, emails, drafting and trading are all included to be used as a player progresses throughout this mode.
Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo had this to say about the game’s development,
We have listened to our fans and improved the gameplay, by improving your ability to out-maneuver your opponents, and selecting meaningful team tactics that give you control of your team. In addition the comprehensive 15-year career mode, new gameplay and new additions will allow AFL and sports fans alike the chance to experience all the action of the AFL from the best seat in the house.
In addition to this, AFL Live 2 will include original content, as well as new features and updates:
- Lead your AFL team to glory and win the Premiership flag!
- Tackle, bump, fend-off, sheppard, spoil and take massive species
- Unleash mighty torpedo goals from outside 50
- Single player, competitive and co-operative multiplayer and online mode
- Edit teams and create players in the Footy Factory
- Multiple camera angles and dynamic replays
- Expert commentary by Dennis Cometti and Tom Harley
- 15-year career mode with drafting, trading, finances, tribunal, training andmore
- Over 60 teams from TAC Cup, VFL, AFL, as well as various bonus teamssuch as the Big V, Indigenous All-Stars and teams from the International Cup
- Over 200 realistically modeled AFL star players
- Realistic stadia in day, overcast, rain, night and twilight modes
- Rich team tactics and combinations to personalise your strategy!
- Detailed control over players and on-field maneuvering
- Unlockable features; including stadia and bonus teams
AFL Live 2 will be released later this year on PS3 and Xbox 360.