Ask anybody who’s been playing Magicka and they’ll likely tell you that it’s one of the most fun games they’ve played recently, especially on Co-Op where your magic spells are just as likely to turn your friends into gibs as it is your enemies. However they’ll probably also tell you that the game is still pretty buggy. The team behind Magicka is well aware of this, and have been working as hard as they can to patch this game. The next big update is set to hit tonight and among other things aims to fix;
- Network Traffic optimizations
- Fixed distribution of the “random” spells
- The mouse is now locked in the game window while using mouse & keyboard control
For the full list of updates check the break, and keep an eye out for your game to update to version 184.108.40.206 later tonight for hopefully improved performance yet again!
- Network traffic optimizations.
- Books of magicks no longer fall through level.
- Cutscene skip bug in chapter 1 fixed.
- Player item desync on network clients fixed. (This will solve many different issues.)
- Fixed crash on clients when exploding objects.
- Fixed Thunderstorm distribution.
- Fixed chapter 3 bossfight initialization on clients.
- Fixed Random Teleport distribution.
- Orc Berserkers’ hit tolerance have been increased.
- Swampthings’ strangle speed and damage have been increased.
- Mouse is now locked inside the window when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Network uplink bandwidth, while improved, can be demanding
- Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
- Quitting the game while the credits are rolling will not award a game complete