Batman Arkham Knight launched in a fairly messed up state, but help is on the way. Today Warner Bros. released the first patch, focused on the following points:
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game.
- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further.
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu.
Rocksteady also promised that more work is going down to fix more issues, but it will take “some time” for all the fixes to be in place. Here’s what they promised for the future.
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu.
- Fix for low resolution texture bug.
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches.
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu.
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches.
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop.
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage.
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes.
- Enabling AMD Crossfire.
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers.
Personally, I have to say that after patching, performance is much better across the board on my rig. So this is definitely a good step in the right direction.