Alongside Mass Effect 4, which we recently learned is in a playable state, Dragon Age: Inquisition is one the more highly-anticipated titles coming out of BioWare for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Today we got a brief look at what the team has completed so far in the way of some new information, screenshots, and artwork – all of which comprise the game’s “holiday build.”
“[Holiday builds] are builds we create around the holiday break that are packaged in a way that allows the team, and other parts of BioWare, to play the game in as complete of a state as we can get it,” Executive Producer Mark Darrah explained on the BioWare Blog. The following attributes were cited as being what made up the game’s holiday build:
1. The main storyline completely playable from beginning to end: This allows the story to be experienced in an interactive state, and lets us get pacing and spacing right.
2. All of the gameplay systems working together: This means that you can experience the game as it is intended to be experienced, with each feature feeding into another.
3. Starting VO recording for large parts of the game (More on this later).
4. Getting music in (More on this later).
5. Making sure that each class has a distinctive feel: Making sure that the party is a necessary and exciting part of combat (More on this later).
6. Getting our tech locked down
7. Getting a lot more content a lot further along
Screenshots and artwork were also provided to help articulate these attributes, and as you can see, more information on crucial areas of the game will be provided in the coming months. Now if only the Mass Effect 4 developers could show us a little more.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is being developed by BioWare and will be published by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.