According to a post on Blizzard’s site, a new job opportunity has come up for a game director concerning and unannounced project.
The post explains “Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a game director with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in creative direction, strong ability in system design, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead the Diablo series into the future.”
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Be the vision holder for the franchise, setting the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Discuss games with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for international regions.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
The requirements are included as well:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo game.
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development.
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director.
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills.
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams.
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production.
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization.
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Whatever the project could be, we know it’s related to some future Diablo content. The game director position is just one of many job openings, all of them relating to this unannounced project.