Bravely Default is coming to Western shores very, very fast, but you may not know enough about the game to get amped up for it. Now a new trailer has arrived, showing off twelve of the jobs available in the game along with descriptions of their strengths.
Bravely Default promises that players can customize your party with up to 24 jobs, half of which can be viewed in the trailer below. You may also know that many of them bear a very, very strong resemblance to Final Fantasy‘s much beloved class system, but this is only because the game is coming from Square Enix and Silicon Studio –the creators behind Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light— and is a sort of spiritual cousin to the franchise.
Bravely Default will be available for the Nintendo 3DS on February 7th, 2014. To try out the game now you can download the demo on the Nintendo eShop; for more on the game, check out all of DualShockers’ Bravely Default news. You can find descriptions of the classes directly below, with the trailer following shortly after.
- Monk: a high HP fighter with fist attacks.
- White Mage: Aids allies with healing and support magic.
- Black Mage: uses black magic to assault enemies.
- Summoner: summons otherworldly beings for powerful attacks.
- Thief: Highly agile expert at stealing items.
- Merchant: Exploits the influence of coin in combat.
- Spell Fencer: Imbues weapons with elemental magic to enhance attacks.
- Time Mage: uses time magic to turn the tide of battle.
- Ranger: Skilled archer who targets enemy weakness points.
- Knight: Well-rounded warrior with excellent offense and defense.
- Red Mage: Wields a balance of both black and white magic.
- Valkyrie: Acrobatic warrior who is skilled with spears.