Today, developer Stormcloud Games and publisher Rising Star Games announced the PC release date for their game Brut@l, which released onto PS4 back in August of 2016. The date? February 9, 2017.
For those that don’t know: Brut@l is a re-imagining of the classic ASCII dungeon crawler. Here’s an overview:
Choose your hero: Ranger, Mage, Warrior or Amazon then descend into a procedurally generated world constructed entirely from ASCII letters.
With perma-death, weapon crafting, potion brewing and an onslaught of enemies to face, can you survive Brut@l?
– Choose from four unique characters
– Craft powerful weapons and brew strange potions to aid you in your quest
– Level up your hero to unlock new skills and devastating combat abilities
– Survive 26 procedurally generated dungeon levels the face-off against the fearsome Guardian of the Dungeon
– Share the adventure with a friend in two player local co-op
– Get creative with Dungeon Creator, an intuitive editing tool that lets you build, play, share and even die in your very own dungeon
Frank Arnot, Managing Director at Stormcloud Games had the following to say in regard to the announcement:
“We are delighted to be working with Rising Star Games to bring Brut@l, our humble homage to old-school ASCII dungeon crawlers, back to its spiritual home on PC.”
Martin Defries, Managing Director of Rising Star Games adds:
“Brut@l is an exciting and unique proposition and we are thrilled to partner with Stormcloud Games to be able to bring the game to PC gamers after a successful run on console. It’s a blood-splattered kick off for Rising Star Games’ killer 2017 line-up.”
Brut@l will cost $14.99 USD when it launches. Below, you can watch the game’s newest trailer: