Mages announced that their bullet-cancelling shoot em’ up Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst is coming to west on July 31 for PC-via Steam.
Bullet Soul: Infinite Burst is set in world controlled by “Mecha-warl”, an evil empire, who has conquered space. However, not everyone will stand by and be controlled, a group of fighters, Zenichi, Yun, Sadahl and Loop, stand up against them and take back space.
The game features:
- 4 modes + 1 hidden and a whole new style of play: Combination Burst
- 4 different ships, with Loop playable across all modes
- Normal Mode has been re-balanced for veterans of Bullet Soul
- Practice and perfect your score stage by stage in Bancho Mode
- Caravan Mode makes a return with new enemy patterns and a new music track
- Resonator are back and Jake “Virt” Kaufman is on remix duty!
- Leaderboards divided by mode & ship with friend filters
- Includes tate/vertical screen mode with X/Y scaling and smoothing
The music in the game has been created by Kenji Ito and Kohta Takahashi who are veterans of the series. With the addition of a new musical artist, Jake ‘Virt’ Kaufman, to add his own style to the mix.
The publisher details the game’s premise:
Infinite Burst takes the basics of Bullet Soul and adds two major enhancements: first, Burst Mode with it’s overhauled level design, brand new coin-collecting mechanics and the eponymous Combination Burst system. Secondly, Loop, the bonus character, is now available across all modes. In addition, Normal and Caravan modes have been redesigned and rebalanced with new enemies and attack patterns and when Musou (or Infinite Burst) Mode is unlocked, you can rain down destruction with the titular Infinite Burst.
The game will launch on Steam for $14.99, a discount will be given to players who own Bullet Soul.
You can watch the trailer below: