Call of Duty: Ghosts fans have much to look forward to with the release of its first DLC expansion, “Onslaught,” but as an extra bonus a new title update will also be on its way alongside the expansion.
With “Onslaught” set to release today, January 28th, on Xbox One and Xbox 360, a new title update will also be released for the title that adds various improvements and adjustments to the game, such as anti-cheat refinements and other security matters. Specifically, a post on the Call of Duty Community Forums mentioned these factors as the big changes in the upcoming title update:
- IED Avoidance Capability.
- Changes to Dead Silence & Amplify Functionality.
- Spawn System Adjustments (in specific playlists).
- Two New Game Modes – Gun Game and FFA Hunted.
- eSports rules applied to the Clan vs. Clan Playlist.
- Multiple Broadcaster Mode Additions.
- eSports Performance Enhancements and Improved Functionality.
- New/Additional PC Security Features.
- New Anti-cheat Prevention Improvements Including PC.
- Extinction Updates and Bug Fixes.
- Various Bug Fixes.
The Forum post mentions that a more detailed list of patch notes will arrive shortly after the update is released. The “Onslaught” DLC is the first of four expansions for Call o Duty: Ghosts, and along with new maps, also includes the first chapter of the Extinction Mode episodes, called “Nightfall.”
The “Onslaught” DLC expansion for Call of Duty: Ghosts releases today for Xbox One and Xbox 360, followed by a release on PS4, PS3, Wii U, and PC at a later date.