It’s crowd participation time as Capcom just announced that they are looking for help designing weapons for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
What better way to ask for help then by creating the MH4U Weapon Design Contest to encourage fans to develop two weapons to be used when the game releases in the west for Nintendo 3DS in 2015.
Before you start doing the “happy art dance,” here are some important rules:
- Only one entry per person, so think carefully about your choice.
- Entry must be based on one of the 14 weapon classes available in game: Sword & Shield, Dual Blades, Great Sword, Long Sword, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Bow, Insect Glaive and Charge Blade.
- Send your weapon name and design (illustration) as an email to email@example.com with the subject line MH4U WEAPON DESIGN.
- Send a description to help contextualize your design, but it must be under 100 words. Note: weapon description is NOT a requirement.
- TWO winners: one from the Americas (both North and South) and one from Europe (including New Zealand and Australia) so a notation of your country of origin is a must.
Now that’s out the way, time to pull out your handy dandy notebook and get to sketching, you have until 9:00am of May 5th (Pacific Time) to submit your most creative design.