Capcom Promises a New Mega Man Title

on November 13, 2012 7:56 PM

The future of the Mega Man series has seemed rather shaky ever since designer Keiji Inafune parted ways with Capcom last year. After the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe, it seemed that the series had come to an abrupt and depressing end. Capcom’s¬†Christian Svensson has today assured fans that the series is still alive. He says with “certainty” that we will see more of Mega Man on consoles and handheld gaming devices.

We should be expecting something to celebrate the series 25th anniversary, which is coming up next year. He says to avoid “issues” that announcing prior MM titles caused, the Capcom won’t be releasing any further details on the title(s) just yet. I think it’s nice enough just knowing that the series isn’t indefinitely dead.

 

 /  Staff Writer
Kenneth is a Graphics and Game Design student who's worked as an author for DualShockers.com since June of 2010. His favorite gaming genres are Fighting, Role Playing and Sadistic Action games like Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta. In addition to gaming, he is also strongly interested in music, fashion, art, culture, literature, education, religion, cuisine, photography, architecture, philosophy, film, dance, and most forms of creative expression.