Popular shoot ’em up developer Cave is hosting its Cave Festival at the Akihabara UDX in Tokyo, and livestreaming the event on Nico Nico.
Two announcements have been made in rapid succession by CEO Naoki Horii: the 1998 Arcade game Dangun Feveron will be released on PS4 in Japan this winter, while the 2008 arcade shooter DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu (later released on Xbox 360) will launch on PC (via Steam) this fall.
If you’re unfamiliar with the original titles, you can see two videos below, courtesy of CAVE PCB.
Update: DualShockers received a press release announcing that the Steam version of DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu will be localized by Degica. Below you can read the official bullet points:
- Choose between three ships and three Styles.
- Cancel bullets and increase your score with the Hyper Counter system.
- Turn the tides and clash lasers with the Counter Laser system.
- Bring in devastating backup with two-player cooperative play.
- Master the intricate scoring systems for which CAVE has become famous.
- Steam Trading Card, Cloud Saves, and Leaderboard support.
At the moment there is no word on a possible localization of Dangun Feveron.