2K Sports has revealed the complete list and descriptions of the badges available in NBA 2K15 for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions.
Unlike last year, 2K had decided to combine the Personality Badges and Signature Skills into the one Badge list which identifies players by Personality and Skill. They affect how players react to various emotional situations, as well as how they perform in specific in-game scenarios.
Badges are earned in MyCareer based on how a player plays, how a player responds to situations in scenes, and how good a players regular attributes are. Once a player earns the bronze version, they can then purchase with VC the silver and gold versions.
There will be a total of 77 badges which includes 28 Personality Badges. The Personality Badges will have one tier and will affect hot/cold streak, ambient animations and facial expressions. The remaining badges are Skill Badges which have three tiers (Bronze, Silver and Gold) and are categorized are Outside Scoring, Inside Scoring, Athleticism, Playmaking, Rebounding and Defense badges.
A new change coming to NBA 2K15 is that players can now have up to seventy badges and the skills badges are no longer limited to just one tier. While there are seventy-seven badges, players cannot have all them all due to badges conflicting.
The badges are as follows:
- Alpha Dog – Steps his game up when his teammates are performing poorly.
- Beta Dog – Steps his game up when an Alpha Dog teammate is out or is playing poorly.
- Road Dog – Elevates his play when playing in road games.
- Prime Time – Elevates his play in games of great significance.
- Cool and Collected – A player who remains fairly consistent throughout the course of the game.
- Closer – Steps his game up in the 4th quarter and overtime when the game is close.
- Fierce Competitor – Elevates his game when being outplayed or instigated.
- Spark Plug – Energizes teammates with big plays.
- Swagger – Gets himself going by making big plays.
- Mind Games – Gets his opponent out of rhythm by getting into his head while guarding him.
- Enforcer – Wreaks havoc on the floor with physical and tough play.
- Mentor – Gets younger players focused in on the game when they commit mistakes.
- Heart and Soul – Rallies team when things are getting out of hand. Helps team stay focused.
- Floor General – Makes his team better offensively just by being on the floor.
- Hardened – Plays through fatigue and injury without experiencing full negative consequences.
- Defensive Anchor – Makes his team better defensively just by being on the floor.
- On Court Coach – MyCareer specific. A player with this badge can get the ball, call plays and tell teammates to shoot whenever he wants.
The following have no gameplay affect. These badges simply help drive the emotional reactions to various in-game situations:
- Friendly – An outgoing and typically well-liked player.
- Reserved – A quiet player that generally keeps to himself.
- High Work Ethic – Works harder than the typical NBA player.
- Legendary Work Ethic – First one to the gym, last one to leave and the hardest worker at all times.
- All-Time Great – Strives to be known as an all-time great.
- Low Ego – Values team success more than anything.
- Keep it Real – Responds best to tough love.
- Pat My Back – Responds best when coddled.
- Expressive – Has no problem expressing his feelings.
- Unpredictable – Can be erratic in his behavior.
- Laid Back – Generally pretty chill at all times.
- Volume Shooter – Heats up with every shot, make or miss. However, lack of shots can make him cold.
- Microwave – Only needs a limited amount of made shots to get hot.
- Unfazed – Timeouts as well as quarter breaks do not cool this player down offensively.
- Corner Specialist – Known for his ability to knock down threes from the corner.
- Screen Outlet – Excels as the screener in the pick & roll game.
- Deadeye – Not bothered as much by defenders when it comes to making contested shots.
- Limitless Range – Known for knocking down three pointers well beyond the three point line.
- Bank Is Open – Excels at banking in jumpers.
- Fade Ace – Excels at making fadeaway jumpers.
- Shot Creator – Known for making tough shots off the dribble after creating space to shoot.
- Lob City Finisher – Finishes alley-oops at a high rate.
- Sprite (R) Posterizer – Known for attempting to dunk on opposing players whenever possible.
- Spin Lay-in – Excels at making spin layups.
- Hop-stepper – Excels at making hop-step layups.
- King of Euros – Shines in his ability to make euro step layups.
- Acrobat – Can change his shot in air and attempt difficult shots with few consequences.
- Tear Dropper – Excels at making floaters and runners.
- Post Spin Technician – Dominates the post with his ability to beat his defender spin and drive moves.
- Drop-stepper – Adept at beating his defender in the post with dropsteps.
- Post Hoperator – Excels at making hop-shots out of the post.
- Post Stepback Pro – Shines in his ability to use the post stepback move to score in the post.
- Dreamlike Up and Under – Uses an array of up-fakes in the post to fool his defender into jumping.
- Killer Crossover – A ball-handler who excels at breaking his defender down with crossovers.
- Spin Kingpin – A ball-handler known for breaking his defender down with spin moves.
- Stepback Freeze – A ball-handler adept at freezing his defender with stepback moves.
- Behind the Back Pro – A ball-handler who catches his defender off guard with behind the back moves.
- Hesitation Stunner – A ball-handler adept at freezing his defender with hesitation moves.
- Master of In and Out – A ball-handler known for breaking his defender down with in and out moves.
- Pet Move Sizeup – A ball-handler who uses elite size-up moves to break his defender down.
- One Man Fastbreak – Excels at taking the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak.
- Transition Finisher – Adept at running the fastbreak and finishing at a high rate.
- Flashy Passer – Known for throwing accurate flashy passes.
- Break Starter – Starts fastbreaks with accurate outlet passes.
- Pick & Roll Maestro – Known for orchestrating the pick & roll game as the ball-handler.
- Lob City Passer – Throws accurate alley-oop passes.
- Dimer – An elite passer known for hitting teammates in the correct position to score, giving them a boost on their shot %.
- Hustle Points – Known for immediately scoring following an offensive rebound near the basket
- Scrapper – A hustle player who wins loose ball battles.
- Tenacious Rebounder – Relentless in going for rebounds.
- Perimeter Lock-down Defender – A defender that automatically counters the perimeter offensive badges of opponents.
- Post Lock-down Defender – A defender that automatically counters the interior scoring badges of opponents.
- Charge Card – Adept at placing himself in position to win charge calls.
- Pick Dodger – Doesn’t get caught up on screens very easily.
- Interceptor – Adept at stealing passes.
- Pick Pocket – Known for his ability to strip the ball from a ball-handler.
- Eraser – Amazing shot blocker who counters inside-scoring badges of opponents.
- Chase Down Artist – Chases players down on fastbreaks and effectively swats their shots from behind.
- Bruiser – The physical nature of this player drains energy from his match-up.
- Brick Wall – Sets extremely effective screens.
NBA 2K15 will release on October 7th for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.