Today developer New World Interactive announced that its game Day of Infamy is getting it’s first major patch.
The Aussie Update adds a new map, new units, new weapons, and more. You can find a full list of content below:
- New Map: Rhineland.
- New Units: Australian unit includes new authentic voice acting and the iconic Slouch Hat.
- 2/17th Battalion – new Australian unit for the Commonwealth faction.
- The Black Watch – a Scottish unit for the Commonwealth faction.
- 761st Tank Battalion “Black Panthers” – an African-American unit for the U.S. Army faction.
- 272nd Volksgrenadier Division – new brown camouflage for the German Wehrmacht faction.
- New Owen submachine gun available for Commonwealth faction on maps when the Aussie units are available.
- New Melee weapons including entrenching tools, shovels, Commando knife, brass knuckles and more.
- New unlockable Veteran weapon skins and cloth wraps. Available for the K98, Lee Enfield, Springfield, and Garand rifles. These veteran skins unlock when reaching kill thresholds for each rifle.
- Overhauled Ranking system including:
- Four additional Officer ranks, including Lieutenant, Captain, Major, and Colonel.
- Introducing a new Tour system that allows players to reset their rank and start over again after reaching 1 million points with 15 unit unlock thresholds per Tour.
You can check out some screenshots, as well as a 15 second trailer for the patch at the end of the article.
The Aussie Update should be available to download now for free.
In addition to the announcement of the patch, the developer also confirmed that the original game would be getting a 25% discount, bringing it from $19.99 to $14.99, and every purchase will include the title Insurgency for free.