The ceremony for the 2014 Develop Awards has just concluded, and we compiled the full list of winners for your perusal.
PS4’s happy father Mark Cerny won the Development Legend award as previously announced, while Shahid Ahmad’s Sony Strategic Content Department brought home the “Publushing Hero” prize, while Rockstar North triumphed with three trophies for its accomplishments on Grand Theft Auto V.
Media Molecule also brought home the best new IP award for Tearaway, while Vlambeer, Bohemia Interactive and Space Ape Games won the remaining studio awards.
The Develop Awards are voted by developers and winners (at least for most categories excluding special awards like Development Legend) are chosen between industry professionals and companies based in the UK and Europe.
You can check out the full list of winners just below:
- Service to Video Games: Lynne Kilpatrick (for endorsing tax credits for the gaming industry in the UK)
- New Games IP: Tearaway (Media Molecule)
- Use of a Licence or IP: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games)
- Visual Arts: Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar North)
- Audio Accomplishment: Battlefield 4 (EA DICE)
- Musical Composition: Jamie Hamshere (for TxK)
- Use of Narrative: Brothers: A Tale of two Sons (Starbreeze Studios)
- Publishing Hero: Sony Computer Entertainment Strategic Content Department
- Technical Innovation: Oculus Rift DK2 (Oculus VR)
- Tools – design and creativity: Maya (Autodesk)
- Rools – production: Perforce Software
- Engine: Unity 3D
- Service: Player Research
- QA & Localisation: Testology
- Creative Contribution: Audio: Stafford Bawler (For Monument Valley)
- Creative Contribution: Visuals: Faceware Tech (For Grand Theft Auto V)
- Recruiter: OPM Response
- Talent Investment: Dare to be Digital
- Business Development: Team 17
- Micro Studio: Vlambeer
- Independent Studio: Bohemia Interactive
- In-House Studio: Rockstar North
- New Studio: Space Ape Games
- Studio of the Year: Rockstar North
- Development Legend: Mark Cerny
Above and below you can see three pictures from the event courtesy of Shuhei Yoshida, showing the moments in which Mark Cerny, Shahid Ahmad and Vlambeer’s Rami Ismail accepted their awards.
Ahmad himself commented:
This award is for our partners. Thank you for working with PlayStation. We love you. pic.twitter.com/cYMDIGXgcE
— Shahid Kamal Ahmad (@shahidkamal) July 9, 2014