Activision Blizzard just announced that Diablo III‘s expansion Reaper of Souls will be available on March 25th. Pre-purchase is also already available and can be found here.
The new expansion will bring a lot of new content to Blizzard’s hack and slash title, including a new character, the Crusader. Here’s a list of the new goodies:
- Act V: A dark and terrifying chapter sending players on a final confrontation with death itself
- The Crusader: A new playable hero—a veritable war machine made human
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
The standard edition costs $39.99 while the digital deluxe edition is priced $59.99 and includes the following:
- Exclusive helm- and weapon-transmogrification recipes for players to distinguish their characters among the champions of Sanctuary
- A Spectral Hound minion players can summon to keep their adventurers company on their epic journey
- Three additional character slots to accommodate new heroes
- A World of Warcraft® in-game companion pet, the Treasure Goblin, ready to compete in Pet Battles
- A set of StarCraft® II Crusader-themed Battle.net portraits and Malthael-themed decals
If you prefer physical goodies, you can get the collector’s edition for $79.99, including a full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, and a mouse pad decorated with the face Malthael, the Angel of Death.