Klei, the studio behind Don’t Starve Together, announced that the PS4 closed beta registration for the title is now open.
Checking the official site, you’ll see a few key points to note before signing up:
- This is a limited time beta – Beta servers will be shut down when the beta ends in about 6 weeks, and the beta client will no longer be playable. That means you shouldn’t sign up if you’re not ready to play right away or willing to lose your progress.
- We have a limited number of beta spots, so please make sure you’ll actually be available to test during this window.
- Once signed up you will receive an email to confirm your registration. A randomized selection of active players will be chosen and notified next week if they have been chosen.
- We’d like people who know what to expect in DST (and therefore are able to recognize a bug when they see one) so we’re looking for people with existing DST accounts and a moderate amount of playtime (you don’t have to be clocking in 40 hours / week, but we are looking for experienced players).
- Gift item drops are disabled in the beta – because we don’t want to give you a bunch of skins and then take them away again when the beta ends. They’ll be in the full game however!