Square Enix just announced that the upcoming PS3 Exclusive JRPG Drakengard 3 will hit the North American shelves on May 20th.
The game will be available in a standard edition for $49.99 and in a collector’s edition for $79.99. The collector’s edition will be limited to 5,000 copies and will come with the following items:
- The Complete Novella.
- Official Soundtrack CD Sampler.
- Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level.
- Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill).
- Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion.
- Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster.
Both editions will have three timed pre-order bonus DLC. “Timed” means that if you want all three you have to pre-order before March 4th. The later you pre-order, the less you get.
- Tier One: players who place their pre-order from today through March 3 will receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses;
- Tier Two: from March 4 to April 8, pre-ordering the game will unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses;
- Tier Three: from April 9 until launch, players will receive the final unannounced locked bonus only.
Unfortunately for those living in Europe, the Old Continent will only get a digital release on the PSN one day later, on May 21st. No news have been shared, for the moment, about the availability of DLC and pricing for the PAL version of the game.
Below you can see a batch of new screenshots, the pack shots for both editions, and the debut trailer.