The highly-anticipated first-person shooter Escape From Tarkov has entered its closed beta. To celebrate this milestone, developer Battlestate Games unveiled a new trailer that highlights the game’s current build, and what players can expect going into the beta.
The hyper-realistic shooter that lends itself to games like ARMA III is attempting to combine what players loved about the Day Z mod, the heart-wrenching, adrenaline-peaking action, the idea of risking your gear, and the fear of starting over, and combining it with MMO elements, including more specific gear loadouts and vendors.
Additions to the closed beta include:
- Insurance – For a small amount of in game currency, players can insure weapons and equipment, increasing the chance of retaining it
- Loot and Economy – The CBT will feature a new Merchant, new barter loot, medicines and additional useful items for players to buy, sell and trade. Economic balancing means items will be made available in marketplaces for barter and in loot drops based on their popularity and rarity within the economics system
- Weapons – New weapon customization parts and ammunition types, along with the addition of the modern-classic MP5 submachine gun will offer players even more customizations in the game that prides itself on making thousands of weapon combos and upgrades possible
- Locations – There will be a total of four locations available to play- Customs, Woods, Factory and Shoreline – all with different sizes and terrains. The Shoreline location will be newest and biggest map addition to the CBT.
- General Chat – Chat channels will be available to all players online in the game, allowing players to share useful information and group up for raids.
The trailer shows off several gunfights featuring some angry Russians fighting and dying in different locations throughout the game.
The closed beta is available now for all current and previous pre-orders, allowing fans of the game to test out the game’s new map, insurance, economy, and a new merchant named Peacemaker who will specialize in Western weapons. You can check out the trailer below, as well as view some of the game’s screenshots that shown off in June.