Following its initial reveal a few months ago, Ubisoft’s Far Cry Primal got its first extensive look at last night’s The Game Awards 2015, while a new look at the game’s collector’s editions have also revealed ahead of its release early next year.
Ubisoft has revealed two collector’s editions that will be coming for Far Cry Primal at its launch next year, with the Deluxe Edition offering the game as a complete package filled with extra gear, as Ubisoft claims it will “equip every player and Far Cry fan with the best premium package to survive Oros, allowing them to understand the terrain and master the prehistoric in-game language,” though it will only be available for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
The Deluxe Edition will offer purchasers with a special SteelBook case, a printed map of the Oros region, and a copy of the game’s soundtrack, alongside the extra in-game content including the following:
- Far Cry Primal game. Exclusive Far Cry Primal Collector Box with sabretooth skull opening.
- Official Wenja phrasebook: your guide in Oros, full of useful words and in-game sentences. It is a condensed collection of the work of specialists/experts that have adapted a unique language for this game, based on the Proto-Indo European language.
- Exclusive Steelbook.
- Far Cry Primal map of Oros
- The official game soundtrack and Wenja audio recordings to discover the basics of Far Cry Primal’s official language.
- Legend of the Mammoth missions: Up to 45 minutes of additional gameplay, where the player will have the unique opportunity to play as the largest animal in Oros, the almighty mammoth, and feel the power to stomp its enemies and defend its herd from other beasts and humans.
- Duel of beasts: A powerful rhino spirit dares to challenge your might. Battle him and his herd across treacherous cliffs to assert your dominance.
- The trapped elder: Bloodthirsty hunters have trapped your leader. Crash their camp and lead the elder to freedom.
- Hunt the hunter: The time for revenge is now. Lead your herd to crush those who threaten your survival.
- A new weapon, the Blood Shasti Club: A bloodstained club of bone and teeth once wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam. This weapon is unbreakable and cannot be consumed by flame.
- 4 enhancement packs: Offers early access to rare resources and unique customisation options.
Alongside that version, Ubisoft will also offer the Apex Edition, a digital-only premium edition of the game that will include the Legend of the Mammoth missions, the Blood Shasti Club, and the 4 enhancement packs. The standard version ($59.99), Apex Edition ($64.99), and Deluxe Edition ($69.99) are all available to pre-order now through the game’s official website and other retailers.
In addition to the collector’s editions being revealed, Ubisoft has also revealed that the PC version of Far Cry Primal has seen a slight delay to March 1st, 2016, putting the PC version’s release one week after the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One Versions.
Far Cry Primal will release for PS4 and Xbox One on February 23rd, 2016, followed by the PC version’s release on March 1st, 2016 – in the meantime, you can check out the contents of both collector’s editions of the game below: