Yesterday, Poland-based developer Transhuman Design and publisher Crunching Koalas announced that the self described “brutally hard” 2D shooter, BUTCHER, is set to come to PS4 and Xbox One (digitally) sometime during Q2 2017.
BUTCHER first appeared on the scene when it launched for PC, Mac, and Linux back on October 5th of last year. Upon release, it garnered a “Very Positive” Steam User Review rating in both the “recent” and “overall” category.
Here’s an official overview of the game via Transhuman Design:
The easiest mode is ‘HARD’!
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre. As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well… annihilate anything that moves.
So grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you’re feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies’ misery – hooks, lava pits, saws… no death will ever be the same.
If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
BUTCHER will cost $9.99 USD when it launches. Additionally, you can snag the Special Edition of the game, which includes the soundtrack, for $12.99 USD.
A new trailer accompanied the announcement: you can check it out below.