A new interview for Final Fantasy Explorers is making the rounds, and it details tons of new information about different character jobs and various other aspects of the game. You’ll be able to switch between jobs at any time during the game, and you’ll also be able to use skills learned in other jobs but with a penalty. The highlights of the interview can be seen below in greater detail.
- FFEX supports local and wifi based multiplayer.
- Other than the four already shown classes (White Mage, Black Mage, Monk, Knight) there will be atleast 16 more for a total of 20 jobs.
- These jobs include Red Mage, Time Mage, Freelancer, Bard, Ninja, Thief, Paladin and Dragoon.
- You can make use of Eight different abilities by assigning them to different buttons.
- The game will include a Synergy System, and its said to feel similar to FF11 and FF14.
- On the battlefield, positioning your characters is very important.
- The game will provide a combat log that shows how much damage you do to others.
- You can swap armor and weapons between different jobs.
- You can swap abilities from different jobs around, however if you use an ability that isn’t for your class, it’ll cost twice as much.
- The game is set on an open world style island.
- When you defeat a monster, it will be possible to recruit it into your party.
- The game claims to have 100 – 200 hours of gameplay
Final Fantasy Explorers will be released on 3DS and no launch date has been set for the game yet.