The upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to be featured on the issue of Weekly Famitsu releasing on Thursday, and the Japanese blog Hachima Kikou shared a few details from a leaked copy of the magazine.
- Various areas of Midgar will be explorable.
- Taking advantage of the legroom provided by the multi-part release, the team will give more depth to characters like Biggs, Wedge and Jesse.
- They already know how many parts they want to publish, but they can’t disclose it for the moment.
- They can’t talk about online features as well.
- Since the team uses the Unreal Engine 4, the technical help has been provided by the Kingdom Hearts III team, and they will collaborate in the future.
- The Japanese cast is going to be fairly close to that of Advent Children, but characters that had only a cameo appearance might be changed.
- The ATB Gauge (final name pending) and the limit break system are different. It can’t be shown yet, but it’ll change depending to the player’s fighting style.
- The presence of guard is still undecided.
It’ll certainly be interesting to see how the game will progress. What we saw so far looked really good. Hopefully the team will be able to deliver the masterpiece that Final Fantasy VII deserves.