Today Square Enix hosted Final Fantasy XIV‘s 37th Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, starring Director and Producer Naoki Yoshida, Global Community Producer Toshio Murouchi and Art Director Hiroshi Minagawa as they shared new information and answered questions from the game’s fans.
Since there have been complaint about the lack of strength on tank gear, prompting some to equip accessories from before the expansion, a minimum amount of STR will be added to newer accessories. The stat won’t scale the same as vitality in upcoming higher item level gear.
The team held back a little the new Tenacity stat because it’s very powerful, and otherwise players would focus entirely on it. Yet, they’re confident that its effect will be felt with the implementation of the Savage Omega: Deltascape raid, that will come in Patch 4.05 next week.
Some more changes will be made to tanks. The casting time of Paladins’ Holy Spirit will be adjusted (read: nerfed) while the Oath Gauge loss when changing oaths will be removed. Warrior’s Shake It Off will also be adjusted after version 4.05. The lost in Beast Gauge when changing stance will also be removed, and the potency of Storm’s Path will be improved. Dark Knights will also get their combo damage increased.
There are no plans to increase the number of role actions that players can slot, while discrepancies in DPS between different jobs due to discrepancies in difficulty will be lowered. Dragoons will be adjusted focusing on the uniqueness of the job.
The team is considering changes to scholar and astrologian so that two healers of the same job can see each other’s aetherflow status and cards. This will come with version 4.1.
Adjustments will be made to healer classes in 4.05 as follows.
- The introduction of “Miasma II” as a job specific skill.
- Changed the cooldown of Emergency Tactics to 20 seconds.
- Indomitability [stay tuned]
- Strengthening Excogitation.
- Changed the range of Fey Union to 15 malms.
- Aetherpact has been changed to increase Faerie Gauge even when Aetherflow actions does not inflict an effect on the target.
- Introduction of a trait reducing the cooldown of Aetherflow.
- Arcana and Royal Road cards can now be discarded via an action.
- Adjustments to the rate of which Healing Lilies are granted.
- Plenary Indulgence will see some major adjustments.
DPS classes will also get a few changes:
- MP is being adjusted to avoid loss during skill rotation
- MP cost for Foul has been removed.
- Recast time for Triplecast has been reduced from 90 to 60 seconds.
- Recast time for Fire IV and Blizzard IV has been reduced from 3 to 2.8 seconds.
- Potency for Gust Slash will be reduced. The reason for this is because the players found a stronger skill rotation than those the dev. team was using while making adjustments.
- Hot Shot
- Increased physical damage effect from 5% to 8%.
- Increase to Heat Gauge reduced from 10 to 5.
- emoved the Heat Gauge reduction effect from Quick Reload.
- Increased Rook Overload potency from 400 to 800.
- Increased Bishop Overload potency from 300 to 600.
- And more.
Players will get the ability to change the size of Demi-Bahamut, but it won’t come in time for 4.05.
The team is considering adjustments to sprint, since the increased cooldown is inconvenient as players run between NPCs to perform quests.
An alliance raid roulette will come in patch 4.1, and alliance raids will be matched across worlds as well. The team is also adjusting Labyrinth of the Ancients so that it will only require one tank.
The team is also considering changes to how Frontline works, including having the featured game mode switch once a week.
The team is considering to bring players back to the areas where they fought the last boss of Stormblood during the main scenario questline. There are also many requests to have areas like that or the Archbishop’s room available outside of quests, and this is being considered.
Omega: Deltascape Savage will have gear inside a chest at the end of each version, and everyone will obtain tokens. Version 4.0 will drop a weapon in the chest that can be exchanged for a weapon corresponding to their current job. All drops will be limited to once a week.
The Genji gear set that will come from the Omega: Deltascape Savage raid has been revealed, and you can see it below alongside a lovely new glamour outfit.
The level 70 version of Aquapolis named The Lost Canals of Uznair has been revealed, and you can see the first screenshots below. It comes with a Thavnairian theme, and drops Materia VI and other rewards.
The team is considering make some event battles from the main story quest replayable, like the showdown in the Azim Steppe, but more time will be required. A namazu minion is coming,
The team is working on a simplified version of the job gauges (which should come in 4.1), and on separating effect icons between buffs, debuffs and non-battle-related.
As linkshells will be expanded to be cross-world, the team may be able to allow players to change their order.
Last, but not least, the team is working on adjusting glamours, including the ability to access to a glamour history.
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood is currently available for PC and PS4. Support for the PS3 version has been recently discontinued.