Sony Interactive Entertainment disclosed its weekly best sellers charts for PS4 downloads in Japan, showing a duel between Final Fantasy and Summer Lesson. Whether this surprises you or not, Final Fantasy has defeated the new virtual waifu by Bandai Namco.
Here’s the full top-20 chart:
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
- Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days
- Fallout 4
- Battlefield 4
- Rainbow Six Siege
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Battlefield 1
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Final Fantasy VII
- The Last Guardian
- Mahjong (@Simple DL Series G4U Vol. 1)
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition
- Borderlands Double Deluxe Collection
- Need for Speed: Deluxe Edition
- Dishonored 2
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience
- The Evil Within
- Grand Theft Auto V
While a few sales brought old titles back into the chart, the first two spots are held firmly by new games. When the first Summer Lesson, Hikari Miyamoto Seven Days Room, launched, it easily topped the chart and became the best selling PlayStation VR title in Japan.
The new American waifu Alison Snow (that you can see in action in the latest trailer) didn’t manage to repeat the same results, and has been beaten by Final Fantasy XIV‘s new expansion Stormblood.
If you count all of Stormblood‘s editions, the PS4 version actually topped the Media Create charts for retail software as well, dethroning Nintendo’s ARMS.
This is certainly a deserved success, considering that Stormblood is fantastic, as you can read in our review. Not only in brings some really awesome encounters and gameplay, but it crowns one of the best stories of the Final Fantasy series.