Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players are soon going to receive a treat with the new expansion Heavensward.
As it was previously announced, the level cap is going to be raised to 60, and that means a new tier of gear, which was showcased in a video. While the video itself hasn’t been yet published by Square Enix, you can see the recording of the livestream at the bottom of the post, starting at the 48:00 mark. A video for the new jobs can also be seen at the 30:30 mark.
Below you can also check out a few relevant screencaps from the video, featuring the new equipment, a visual explanation on how new jobs are selected and created, and quite a few pieces of absolutely lovely artwork.
Yoshida-san was also clear in mentioning that normally Square Enix doesn’t show artwork of this kind of early production, but this was an exception as a treat to PAX East attendees.
On top of that, here’s a recap of a few more pieces of information that were shared during the livestream:
- Flight will be a theme not just for the expansion, but also for the whole 3.X series of patches.
- There will be a new loot system in the new Alexander raid.
- The Astrologian can switch between two stances.
- Managing MP will be very important for a Dark Knight.
- For the tank role, they had to decide between Dark Knight and Samurai. Dark Knight won. This doesn’t mean that the Samurai won’t even be considered in the future, but for now, Dark Knight it is.
- The team struggled to find the weapon for the Atrologian, while the decision for the Dark Knight was smooth. Gun attachments were considered for the Machinist job, but ultimately scrapped. Despite that, they have something cool in store instead.
- Disciples of the hand will have a new system, tentatively called the “specialist” tier. Something of the sort will come for disciples of the land too.
I don’t know about you, but I really can’t wait to start leveling my Dark Knight.