It’s time to embrace your inner Ignis, because Square Enix has come up with a juicy surprise. No, it’s not a secret free Final Fantasy XV DLC, but an “official” recipe to prepare a yummy braised short rib and veggie stew that looks exactly like what Iggy would make for his bros when camping out in the wilderness.
Here are the ingredients and the steps for the recipe’s preparation.
- 2 pounds boneless beef short ribs , cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced small
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of dry Red Wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel
- 1 cup of Beef Broth
- 1 cup of canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bunch of baby carrots, cleaned, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 6 small cipollini onions, peeled
- ½ lb. peewee potatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ lb. brussels sprouts, cleaned
Season short ribs with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Heat a large dutch-oven and sear short-rib until golden brown on each side. Remove to a plate, and ddd onion, garlic, and butter to pan, cooking until softened. Sprinkle in flour, stirring to combine.
Pour in wine and bring to a boil, scraping up caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan.
Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, pop the lid on and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about an hour and a half or until short ribs and veggies are fork tender.
If text isn’t enough for you, you can check out a video showing how you make it, full of lovely Final Fantasy references.