Crackdown 2, developed exclusively for the Xbox 360 by Ruffian Games, will be receiving its first add-on content pretty soon. Aside from super-jumping, constantly shooting people in the face with rocket launchers and kicking your foes across the city, you’ll now be able to enjoy a handful of perks that will be included in the upcoming DLC.
The new DLC is called Toy Box and, according to the official word on the street, offers free content as well as paid additions for those of you willing to cough up some mullah for added goods.
For those of you wondering what the free content has, it provides a new Vehicle Tag mode, a level six ability reward and the Keys to the City (which will all be explained after the break).
If you want to have all the sweet stuff like 10 new Achievements, new vehicles and gadgets and Avatar Awards, you’ll be spending a not-so-bad 560 Microsoft Points. For a full explanation for the soon to be released DLC, hit the jump.
- Keys to the City: Made notorious in the first Crackdown expansion as the ultimate cheat mode, Keys to the City returns to Crackdown 2 and puts an even bigger set of tools at your disposal, including God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Fly Cam, spawning of weapons, gadgets and more, the ability to freeze the time of day, and pushing all skills to the maximum to become faster, stronger and more lethal.
- Level 6 Reward: Fans who reach Level 6 on all Agent skills will be rewarded with the new Thruster Ability. Thruster Ability is like having jetpacks for your boots, giving Agents built-in vertical propulsion to activate flying with the Wingsuit no matter where you are in the game.
- Vehicle Tag*: Once you’re done taking down the Freaks and the Cell, join your friends for a thrilling new multiplayer mode where up to eight Agents can compete in these six arenas: Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge.
And the stuff that costs money:
- Two New Vehicles*: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.
- Five New Toys*: Whether you’re soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).
- Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. Toy Box offers two Avatar Awards to customize your Xbox LIVE Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.
- 10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore:
- Beyond the Infinite
- Run Get to the Chopper
- Tac Loc Takedown
- Burnt Offerings
- Mile High Club
- Never Give It Up
- One Careful Driver
- Wing a Ding Ding
- Hung Out To Dry
- Eight Agent Suit Colours: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armour for your Agent:
- Terror Firma
- Agent Orange
- May Contain Nuts
- Mega Agent
- Haz Mat
- Dem Apples
The great thing about this DLC is that even though you’ll be getting free stuff, if a friend who has the premium content joins you in some multiplayer action, you’ll be able to access the new vehicles and gadgets as well. Not bad, huh? Nope.