Kalypso Media has revealed a brand new Game World trailer and screenshots for their upcoming real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds, Grand Ages: Medieval.
The debut footage shows off some in-game environment in which players can build, develop and conquer as they see fit: from green woodlands and mountain peaks to river filled hills, the entirety of Europe is available for players to explore and utilize. Players can craft useful trade routes, develop key relationships with surrounding settlements or fight off others with their army.
Grand Ages: Medieval takes place in the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress and a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement and rule over all of Europe from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. New frontiers are explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon the player to lead the people towards greatness.
This game allows for free play or for players to test their skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players.
Features of Grand Ages: Medieval
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometers, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilize 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via network and online
Grand Ages: Medieval is scheduled for release in 2015 for PC.
Check out the trailer and screenhots in the gallery below.