The Town of Light is a first-person horror and psychological game, in which you are a a 16 year-old girl called Renée, who suffers from a mental disease.
The game is set around Renée, who was a patient in an Italian asylum called Volterra Psychiatric Asylum, which was shut down in the late 1970’s. She now returns back to it, to try and understand what happened to her and remember those dark days.
The Town of Light was supposed to launch in Q4 2015, but was delayed to early 2016. Creative Director Luca Dalcò said that it’s for the best for both the game and the players.
“Since The Town of Light is our first project we want to make sure to use all the time available to make all the game mechanics work perfectly. It was not an easy decision but we are sure it is the best one for the game and for the players.”
Here is the main features of the game:
- Inspired by true stories.
- Set in one of the biggest asylums in Europe
- Over 7000 square metres of the real Volterra Asylum
- Rich bibliography about the history of mental institutions based on extensive research
- Non-linear gameplay experience allows different evolution of the main story
- Native support for Oculus Rift
The Town of Light now releases early 2016 on PC.