PopCap Games is letting people who have Peggle Nights for the PC and Mac download the winning entries from a recent “Art Contest.” The free to download level pack will come with 5 levels and can be played in Duel modes and Quick Play mode. Unfortunately, this pack will not be coming to the PSN or XBLA versions of Peggle Nights, bummer. Anyway, it’s pretty call to see community created levels incorporated as a big time level pack. Here is what Studio Director at PopCap and co-creator of Peggle and Peggle Nights Sukbir Sidhu states about his scheme towards world domination one Peggle at a time, “We really enjoyed incorporating the contest winners’ designs into finished levels and have been playing them non-stop. These user-generated concepts turned out quite well in terms of playability and challenge, and it’s really interesting and inspiring to see level design ideas from fans of the game!” Here is a detailed list of the levels that are included in the pack:
- “Bucket Revisited” – Michael and Stephanie Liu (Grand Prize, Youth category) – a redrawing of the classic Das Bucket level with Peggle characters.
- “Dynamic Two-Oh” – Matt Ward (Grand Prize, Adult category) – the Undercover Unicorn patrols the streets and rooftops of Pegopolis with his crime-busting partner, Kid Radical!
- “Fun Dead” – Anthony Maddaloni – (Runner-up) – a combination of Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies results in a graveyard scare!
- “Caykee” – Jessica Kozulbal – (Runner-up) – Caykee the Cupcake presents her argument for inanimate objects as Peggle Masters!
- “Peggle 3D” – Brice Johnson (Runner-up) – What if Peggle fully embraced the third dimension? This level presents one possible vision.