Developer Lightbulb Crew (which is comprised of veteran developers from DICE and Ubisoft) has announced that its free-to-play top-down team shooter Games of Glory, which is coming to PS4 and PC sometime in early 2017, is set to enter closed beta on Friday, March 10th. The beta will end on March 12th, Sunday.
First time hearing about Games of Glory? No problem — here’s an overview of the game via its Steam page:
Set in a Sci-fi universe, Games of Glory is a competitive, team-based, Free-to-Play arena game that puts Shooter mechanics into a top-down environment. Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a true sports arena!
The Games of Glory, gladiator games put in place by the Synarch to insidiously entertain the inhabitants of the intergalactic universe, are THE sport of the future!
Engage in intense arena battles by incarnating the fiercest Clones to win fame and glory, and soon, influence the future of the universe.
- Intense fighting (no laning phases)
- Aim all of your shots with pure skill (no auto-attack)
- Wide selection and instant switching of weapons (weapons not Clone specific)
- Run & gun mechanics
- Two unique game maps and modes: Svandia “Superstar” (Protect the VIP) and Arkashan “Conquest” (Capture the points)
- A unique feature to create your own Club and represent them in the arena
- A selection of 12 Clones (characters) with unique skills, abilities, and roles (Assassin, Tank, Support,…)
- A selection of 50 different weapons (daggers, sniper, rifles, mini-guns, rocket launchers, …
- Playable with mouse or keyboard (WASD) control
- Mix-and-match or personalize skins and hats
Below, you can check out the new trailer which was released today and details what to expect in the beta: