Sanzaru Games, the team behind the God of War Collection for the PS Vita seem to be making the shift from handheld development to home console and PC games, if a recent job listing is anything to go by.
The team over at Sanzaru have been quite content with sticking to handheld games for the past few years, not to our detriment of course as we’ve been treated to the aforementioned God of War Collection, the Sly Cooper Collection and it’s lengthy sequel Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.
Sanzaru Games Inc. has an immediate Level Artist position working on next generation console & PC games. Only developers who want to craft immersive experiences and breathtaking worlds need apply.
- Constructs 3d environments to include modeling, mapping, materials, lighting, effects , atmospherics, collision, and tagging
- Develops, experiments, and advances the environments by innovating new techniques
- Manages all the assets and data associated with the environments
- Thoroughly understands the art pipeline and integrates assets into the game
- Thoroughly understands the hardware limitations and common techniques
- Works directly with other artists, designers, and engineers to complete environments
2+ years of industry experience working on different platforms
Working knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, and/or other 3D software
Strong sense for architecture and natural scenery including form, color, and composition
Ability to manage and maintain entire environments
Architectural background and/or related field a big plus!
Working knowledge of Unreal & Unity a big plus!
Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to change
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
As highlighted above, we’ve already got a small hint as to what may be used to power their first next-gen project as well as their goals in creating worlds that players can get lost in. Innovating new techniques? Yes please! More innovation is always welcomed with open arms.
It’ll be interesting to see what the studio can come up with using the power of the PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms. At the moment this is all we know, but we’ll keep an ear to the ground and update when we know more.