It’s been a long strange road for Gotham City Impostors from laughable concept to legitimate interest to a strange rabid obsession, fans have been changing their mind and reactions to the game with almost every passing week. Following up on a successful console beta, the game is finally available to purchase today on XBLA joining yesterday’s Steam and PSN releases for just $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points).
The team has announced that the first DLC for the game will come in March for the awesome price of FREE and will add some fixes to multiplayer as well as two new weapons, new costume options, fun facts and more. Check after the break for the full details of the upcoming DLC and to check out the launch trailer for the game.
- A BRAND NEW MAP: The 25th Floor of the Gotham Times building is about to be your playground for destruction! (Just make sure not to fall of the edge.)
- JOIN-IN-PROGRESS: Players can now join a match, even after it has started!
- MATCHMAKING FIXES: Matchmaking has been totally revamped! Those errors you remember? They’re a thing of the past. Gone. Finito.
- NEW WEAPONS: The Falcon Blade (a bullet-blocking katana worthy of warfare in Gotham) and the Kingmaker (a quick-draw pistol that can humble even the mightiest of Mighties) are available for you to unlock!
- A NEW SUPPORT ITEM: Toxic Gas! Leave a cloud of nigh-invisible noxious vapors in your wake, that will impair and damage those foolish enough to follow you.
- A MULTITUDE OF NEW COSTUME CHOICES: In addition to the myriad of costume items already available, we’re letting you dress up like a luchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!
- NEW FUN FACT: The new Nimble Fingers Fun Fact will let you capture Gasblasters faster, and attach/detach batters quicker. The team’s clutch player? Yeah, that’s you.
- MUTE EARLY, MUTE OFTEN: Ever wanted to squelch that guy blasting techno in the pre-game lobby? Now you can! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.